Our Mission and Vision
The Mission of Economic Development and Community Engagement
We connect industry, government, and nonprofits to the best of KSU by providing a gateway for talent, knowledge, and resources that promote economic growth, inform stakeholders, and advance the quality of life in communities, locally and abroad.
Stronger connections, Better lives
The Vision of Economic Development and Community Engagement
EDCE will be among the nation’s most engaged organizations recognized for its excellence and innovation in comprehensively leveraging university assets and know-how to improve life in its communities.
EDCE will be intimately connected to its communities and valued as the preferred gateway to advance meaningful partnerships between the private, nonprofit, and public sectors and the best of KSU.
- continuous improvement
- excellence and innovation
- assets: talent (students, faculty, alumni, staff, retirees), infrastructure, knowledge
- actors: private, nonprofit, public
- communities: local, state, regional, national, global
Intimately connected with...
- internal and external stakeholders
- informed sources
- local and regional clusters
- first stop engagement
- customer friendly policies and procedures
- bridging academic and non-academic environments
- alignment with KSU strategic goals
- partnerships with mutual benefits